Skip to Content
Toll-Free: 1.877.232.9996

Student Accident Insurance

Student Accident Insurance

Student Accident Insurance exclusively for students of the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board.

Ottawa-Carleton District School Board does not provide accident insurance coverage for injuries that occur to students on school premises or during school activities. Accidents can and do happen. Injuries often incur medical, dental or other expenses that are not covered by provincial health care or employer group plans. As a parent or guardian of a student, you become responsible for expenses.

Protect Yourself with Student Accident Insurance

The insuremykids® program offered through Old Republic Canada is an inexpensive and comprehensive way to protect your family from unexpected expenses year-round. It provides benefits not covered by any government health or group insurance plans to ensure your family’s financial well-being is protected.

Student Accident Insurance provides coverage for:

  • Dental accidents
  • Total and permanent disability
  • Fractures and dislocations
  • Ambulance surcharges
  • Private tutoring
  • Eye glasses and much, much more

Essential coverage for children of any age

Do you have a claim?

Start by clicking here to download a claims form.

Complete page 1 of the form. If the insured child is a minor, this form should be completed and signed by a parent or guardian. For non-dental claims: please have the Physician complete the Attending Physician’s Statement on the second page of this form. For dental claims: please have the Dentist complete the Dental Claim form on the third page of this form. The company must be notified within 60 days of the date of the accident and proof of claim, including a report from the attending Doctor or Dentist, must be submitted within 90 days of the date of the accident.

Mail your completed form to:

Old Republic Insurance Company of Canada
insuremykids® Claims Department
P.O. Box 557
Hamilton, ON L8N 3K9

Children involved with sports, special interest clubs, and other activities on or off school property often require coverage by schools to participate. If your child is injured you will have the peace of mind knowing your family is protected

Student Accident Forms will be NOT be distributed in home rooms during the first week of school, but can be picked up from the school office. Parents can call Jones DesLauriers in Ottawa (formerly Binks Insurance) at 613-226-1350 and ask to speak with someone about Student Accident Insurance.

Parents can also apply online for Student Accident Insurance by clicking here: