Underwriting Assistant – Lloyd’s Division
Jones DesLauriers is hiring an Underwriting Assistant for our Mississauga Office. The incumbent will report to the Account Director and may also take direction from other managers. The successful incumbent will be responsible for preparing and processing new business, renewal and endorsement documentation for all Lloyds contracts. Provide support to the underwriter; work with the London broker as needed and complete tasks that are administrative in nature to enhance the team’s effectiveness. Applicants must be able to work from 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
- Work with underwriter on property driven small business accounts
- Prepare and process new business and renewal documentation for all Lloyd’s contracts
- Prepare and process endorsements for all Lloyd’s contracts
- Update Lineage
- Provide assistance to underwriter in completing tasks of a clerical administrative process in nature
- Review COI for accuracy
- Work with London broker when referrals are required
- Prepare files for Audits
- Other duties as assigned
- Post secondary education
- Accurate with strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with rating and underwriting procedures an asset
- Basic knowledge of insurance industry terminology
- Ability to be a self starter with strong written, oral communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Excel, EPIC, Outlook & Word, Policy Works ideal.
- I.B.O. is considered an asset and working towards C.I.P. or C.A.I.B. designation
Qualified candidates are invited to email their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.