Human Resources Administrator (20 Month Contract)
Jones DesLauriers is hiring for an enthusiastic and detail oriented Human Resources Administrator. This individual will be responsible for providing support in the coordination and administration of various HR initiatives. This is a great opportunity for a junior level HR professional willing to learn and grow with the HR function.
- Prepare RIBO confirmation letters, employment letters, merit increase letters, bonus letters, termination letters, new hire packages and STD/LTD correspondence.
- Act as a point of contact for building management inquiries from staff and ensure the office is kept clean, presentable, and as a safe and inviting space for all employees and visitors.
- Create and update policies to ensure compliance with legislative changes, and communicate changes to employees.
- Keep organizational chart and company floor plans up-to-date utilizing Adobe Illustrator and Visio.
- Facilitate onboarding process by ordering business cards, conducting benefits registration, and acting as a point of contact for new employees.
- Identify, gather and provide requirements to help with the development of HR policies, programs and initiatives and participate in implementation.
- Coordinate with RIBO and IBAO to process employee memberships and ensure lists are current.
- Facilitate licensing across Canada for employees of Navacord Ontario Inc.
- Conduct benefits administration for multiple benefits programs including sign-ups, employee inquiries and terminations.
- Organize company events and initiatives including: Company Barbecues, Wellness Webinars, Team Events and Employee Appreciation Week.
- Coordinate the Rewards & Recognition Program, Goodlife Corporate Memberships, Education Assistance Program, and Milestone Program.
- Responsible for generating HR Metrics to provide valuable business insights from people analytics.
- Prepare HR Newsletters and HR correspondence for company-wide communication and content management system.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date Human Resources database, as well as scanning of employee documents into the HRIS/Payroll System.
- Order baskets, floral arrangements, and prepare cards for special occasions, as required.
- Complete various ad hoc tasks and HR initiatives as needed.
- Completion of University Degree/College Diploma in Human Resources Management
- CHRP designation preferred
- Over 1 year work experience in a similar role
- Strong MS Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail required
- Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritizes duties in a fast-paced environment
- Organized self-starter and team player with the ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Qualified candidates are invited to email their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.