Commercial Account Associate
Jones DesLauriers is hiring for an experienced commercial insurance broker who is committed to delivering great customer service with a focus on retention of accounts on an assigned book of business.
The Account Associate will play a central role in renewing existing accounts by serving JDIMI clients in assessing and fulfilling their insurance needs to the highest standards of satisfaction. The Account Associate is accountable for determining customer needs, negotiating coverages and terms, responding to complaints and inquiries, and processing of transactions.
- Handle a book of business of up to approximately $500,000 in premium
- Responsible for retention of 95% on renewal book of business
- Manage renewal list of accounts at 120 days in advance of policy renewal
- Follow up and collect accounts receivables based on weekly accounts receivables report
- Answer client inquiries on the book of business and provide support to Account Managers on their book of business
- Market and communicate client accounts to Insurers
- Handle claims inquiries from clients
- Attend client and Insurer meetings/events as necessary
- Issue certificates of insurance within 24 hours for assigned Account Managers and send to appropriate insurer
- Generate/issue liability slips for renewals, endorsements and new business
- Process documents: renewals, endorsements, and new business
- Invoice and execute on premium finance contracts and premium allocations
- Run MVRs/driver abstracts, CVOR, etc.
- Generate applications/forms (e.g. SOV, Profits Worksheets etc.) with abeyance for follow up
- Maintain and update premium comparisons, summaries, executive summaries (if applicable)
- Perform Auto Quotes on Compu-Quote when required
- Manage effectively the abeyance system
- Creating policy binders to send out to clients
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of commercial insurance experience required
- I.B.O license required
- Working towards C.I.P. or C.A.I.B. designation(s)
- Strong attention to detail, time management and analytical skills
- Ability to be a self starter with strong written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills
- Advanced skills in Outlook, Excel, Word and TAM
Qualified candidates are invited to email their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.