Account Director, Risk Management
The Account Director, Risk Management is responsible for setting the strategy and managing specific large and complex commercial clients. You will report to the Chief Operating Officer and work alongside a team of Producers and operational staff.
As an Account Director, Risk Management, you will direct and effectively manage accounts of our top tiered clients. You will act as a senior contact for our clients, managing their day to day insurance needs and determining recommendations for improvement to current insurance programs and risk management processes. In addition, you will be required to proactively assist clients with their claims management. You will take the lead on solving complex client inquiries and provide expert insurance advice with confidence. In addition, you will work closely with other Account Executives and a team of Account Management professionals who will look to you for guidance and direction in servicing these clients effectively.
Furthermore, you will be required to review and advise clients on the insurance and identity provisions in contracts (including construction), leases and other material agreements using JDIMI standards. This position will require you to also assist with continual improvement of JDIMI standards and prepare oral and written presentations for clients or prospects. Guidance to clients will need to be provided with respect to development of their insurance solution and risk management practices. Also for any new prospects, insurance policy reviews will need to be conducted.
Given that we are a strong sales organization, a high level of service will be expected from you on existing clients and new business opportunities. Overall, your role will require you to maintain positive working relationships with our top tier clients, insurers and JDIMI staff to ensure delivery of client service, advice, and retention. In enhancing your current skill sets, you will also need to be committed to continuous education on risk management practices, claims handling, coverage, and the industry.
What We Value:
- Ability to lead and use sound judgement when assessing client risk and providing client advice.
- Knowledge of Property and Casualty Insurance, Captives, D&O Liability, Loss Control, Captives, Surety, Project Insurance.
- Strong understanding of risk management principles and experience with financial institutions and their lending processes.
- Insurance compliance background including, but not limited to, coverage discrepancies, industry standards and government regulations.
- Practical understanding of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Business Continuity (BCP) concepts.
You Must Have:
- 8+ years of risk management and/or commercial insurance industry experience
- Registered Insurance Broker of Ontario (RIBO) license
- CRM or CIP designation
- Expert knowledge of general commercial property and casualty related insurance.
- Superior knowledge of insurance claims management of complex claims.
- Expert knowledge in insurance and indemnity provisions within leases and other contracts.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of D&O, E&O, and Environmental Liability insurance.
- Practical knowledge in development and implementation of Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Strong ability to lead, make decisions and effectively handle client inquiries of complex nature
- Extensive knowledge of various types of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance policies
- Advanced understanding of policy wordings and coverages
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite and TAM/EPIC software
- Location: JDIMI Head Office, Mississauga
- Reporting To: Chief Operating Officer
Qualified candidates are invited to email their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.